Shipmate William "Bill" Ashton
* Work with military and veterans’ community, non-profit community, and relevant Federal agencies and offices.
* Act on behalf of the Military & Veterans Affairs Liaison (MVAL) in their absence including representing the MVAL in meetings, conferences, discussions on policy matters, and media events as they relate to the Departments programs, policies and priorities.
* Advise the MVAL on topics where errors in judgment, philosophy, and methods would have a critical effect on relationships within or external to the Department of Agriculture.
* Provide guidance, as requested by the MVAL, for program activities, White House and Secretarial initiatives including outreach, partnerships development, office management, and internal and external communication.
* Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with the Office of the Secretary, Under-Secretary offices and USDA agency mission area career employees, federal government departments, Congressional and legislative personnel, public and private industry groups, and the non-profit community on the formulation of policy and programs relating to the Departments mission.
The Commonweath of Virginia's Fleet Reserve Association Repsentative at the State House